Haven't blog for few months so time to re-activate the Blogging habit again.
Someone once said to me that 'if what you are doing to make a living feels like hard work, then perhaps you are doing the wrong thing'.
Last few months has been a bit of a drag ... I was spending quite a lot of time prospecting, but not generating enough business and cash-flow.
So I decided to do something that doesn't make much sense. That is ... 'when the going get's tough, go on holiday'.
Reading Dan's book helped me to focus on increasing the time I spend on 'Flow' ... which is the 'mental state of operation in which a person in an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energised focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity'.
For me they are ...
1. Having energising conversations with my prospects & customers about their challenges & aspirations
2. Uncovering an idea/initiative/project that they are passionate about but haven't been able to get it off the ground for whatever reason
3. Discussiong how amazing it will be if we can somehow make that vision a reality ... and moving the idea from 'nice to do' to 'must do' category
4. Connecting the dots and mustering the right team to transition that idea from concept to reality.
Sounds crazy but since returning from my short break, in 7 working days I have built up a piple-line of opportunities bigger than what I managed to do during the last 3 months !!!
So if your current job/project/role/business feels like a drag, then I strongly suggest ...
1. Take a break
2. Read Dan's book
3. Find your Flow
4. Play to your highest potential
Related links ...