I started to notice that the energy levels are pretty low at the moment so thinking about few different ways to re-energize ourselves. Here is a simple idea you can try/apply to beat the winter blues.
1. Out of the heap of work/non-work related projects you are working on, pick one or two projects that are most important to you.
2. Think of one or two people who are the driving force behind these projects. (ie champions)
3. Now do some lateral thinking and identify few people that are currently not involved in these projects but has the potential to make a huge contribution.
4. Arrange a time to meet with these new people and your current project champions. Rather than booking a traditional one-hour meeting, try and book at least 90 minutes.
5. At these meetings, share your vision with the new players, and try and explore ways these new people/energy can contribute to your project. In addition to practical and realistic tasks, try and uncover some crazy ideas.
Most of us can't see the value and potential of the opportunities right under our nose. Engaging in energizing conversations is a great way to beat the winter blues and re-charge ourselves.